Isologica Data Plotting and Charting Features
The features of the Isologica software plotting engine, combined with an open data model, and extended by an extensive collection of plot templates, give you full control over plotting the data you want, seeing the trends you need, and generating the output to communcicate your findings.
The Isologica data plotting engine allows you to create a wide range of scientific plots, from basic XY, to ternary, to specialty plots like Chung and Histogram plots. You can freely combine data from multiple data sources, be those sources different wells, different lab results, or combinations of data compilations/databases with actual well data. You have complete control over scales, symbols, and plotting options that are unsurpassed by most other software. And, best of all, highly repetitive task like creating specific plots
Key Data Plot Features
- 6 different plot types
- Complete control over plot options
- Wide range of plot symbols
- Ability to combine multiple data sources
- Rapid creation of multi-well plots
- Rapid combination of database and well-data
- Ability to perform define calculations while creating a plot - no scripting necessary
- Unmatched flexibility on spider/radar plots (independent axes and scales)
- Ability to underlay all XY plots with images (from publications) referenced to the plot coordinate system
- Powerful data marking on all plots
Plot Template Library
- 60+ subject matter specific plotting templates spanning gas geochemistry, oil geochemistry, source rock analysis, petrology, XRD mineralogy, elemental analysis
- Automatic definition of axis scales, parameter combinations, and interpretive overlays
- Auto-matched plots to parameters
- Customizable for each enterprise
- Literature reference links included where applicable
Powerful Basic Plotting Engine
Isologica has a powerful data plotting engine. This lets you create the most widely used and a number of specialty data plots rapidly and with a great deal of control.
With Isologica, you can create custom plots in a wide range of styles, including standard binary and ternary diagrams, as well as Chung plots, spider (radar) plots, parallel plots, and more.
A wide variety of plots types can be created interactively, including binary cross plots, ternary diagrams, Chung plots, parallel plots, histograms, spider (also known as radar) plots, and maps. Each of these plots can be easily created and customized using the data you’ve loaded. Calculations for a new axis parameter can easily be defined while creating the plot. No modification of the data model necessary.
Customizable symbols and the ability to chart an unlimited number of datasets on any appropriate plot means making powerful visualizations becomes a snap.
Plot Worksheets and Worksheet Templates
One of the outstanding plotting features is the Isologica plot worksheet concept. It is both an organizer and a workflow accelerator.
Plots are arranged in multiple worksheets, so as to allow a large number of plots for parallel-visualization without too much clutter. Plots can be auto-arranged or custom sized on each worksheet and can be moved or copied among worksheets.
Plot Template Feature
Isologica introduces the "Plot Template" concept. Templates are pre-defined plots which define the following aspects
- Parameter names and axis assignments
- Axis scales and directions (reversals)
- If defined, computations for computed axes.
- Interpretive overlays displaying colored regions to indicate a region (value range) with an interpretive meaning
- Interpretive areas which can be activated (i-regions) to create markings on depth logs where data falling within the region occur on the log
- URL (web) links on interpretive overlays that originated from a specific scientific publication
The plot template library manager allows the selection (with preview) of one or multiple plots from template, greatly accelerating the creation of often-used plots. If, which is common, the data was recognized using built-in tools at the time of data import, the plots will populate with data automatically once created.
Plot Template Library
The software comes with over 60 subject-matter templates, including
- Source Rock Geochemistry (Kerogen Quality, VanKrevelen, etc)
- Gas Geochemistry - Stable Isotopes
- Oil composition plots (Thompson, Halpern)
- Biomarker Maturity Interpretation
- Biomarker Source Interpretation
- Elemental and Oil Bulk Analysis
- Inorganic petrology
- XRD Mineralogy
- XRF Elemental Analysis
Data Marking and Selection
All Isologica plots are smart. They are linked to each other and they are linked to the depth domain.
In the depth domain, two tools availalbe on log plots can be used to select and mark points on cross plots: the range selector and the interval marker. Both act to mark a depth region on the log and to mark points associated with this depth range on one, several or all plots.
Most plot types also enable the user to create one or more polygonal regions on the plot which can act to either mark associated points on a depth log or to mark associated points from the same data set in other cross plots. This is very valuable to discover and mark relationships between different parameters in data sets that have been combined (integrated) from separate analyses.